Head of Risk and Compliance
We are looking for a personable and credible Head of Risk and Compliance to play the lead role in ensuring our business proactively and effectively manages operational and strategic risk and compliance within our increasingly complex business environment.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will:
- Work closely with the Leadership Team to develop the Risk Management Strategy, Framework and Policy, and lead business-wide implementation
- Develop and lead a robust Risk Mapping process, ensuring proactive identification, action and management across the organisation
- Guide and advise Senior Management across the business to devise comprehensive action plans for their areas
- Oversee the Risk Management of specific high risk areas such as data security, IT, health and safety, business continuity, capital investment, procurement, insurance and treasury
- Ensure Catalyst’s control environment is effective and embed risk management governance and culture throughout the organisation
- Manage the Internal Audit process, agreeing plans and audit scopes, and ensuring agreed management actions are implemented
- Develop the Internal Controls Self Assessment framework, manage peer reviews and ensure risk responses are implemented
- Monitor the regulatory and wider external environment relating to risk management and ensure Catalyst is prepared for change
- Participate in business planning processes
- Develop and deliver appropriate colleague and board member training
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate a breadth of knowledge across financial, operational, compliance and business risk management, ideally gained in a large complex organisation, and coupled with an understanding of the legislative, regulatory and compliance requirements of our sector.
Additionally you will also have:
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to build trusted relationships at senior/board level
- A flair for challenging and positively influencing at all levels
- Exceptional personal organisation, drive
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding, combined with the ability to work with complex detail whilst retaining focus on the broader picture
- Demonstrable competence in relation to analytical techniques, risk tools, probability and statistics
- Experience of dealing with specialists working in high risk areas
If this sounds like you, please click on the "Apply Now" button below.
Closing date: 31st March 2014