Senior Finance Operations Manager (FP&A)
Amazon Finance Operations was created to support rapid growth across all business units. The goal of the team is to deliver a seamless procure-to-pay process that enables Amazon’s ongoing expansion within Europe. We are seeking an experienced candidate to identify, create, develop, and innovate solutions that lead to improvements in our European Finance Operations. The team will be charged with overseeing the monthly budget to actual analysis, consolidating and delivering key performance metrics, driving variable cost productivity tracking and cost out initiatives for Finance Operations. This position will be required to coordinate Globally with other teams.
This fast growing department now needs a Senior Finance Manager to lead this team. The successful candidate will lead, develop and motivate a midsize team based in Berkshire (moving to London 2014/2015) and will partner closely with the business teams to ensure activities are led with highest levels of controllership and lowest cost to Amazon. They will define and establish best practice and coordinate policies with the financial leadership team based out of worldwide Amazon locations.
This is an exciting role, at the heart of Amazon’s European finance group.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- You will lead the Finance Operations FP&A team
- Drive annual budgeting and variable cost productivity processes
- Working closely with the site leaders to evaluate monthly results and budget to actual variances by country
- Forecasting volumes and headcount levels within distinct vertical businesses in Finance Operations AP to determine where key technical improvements can be implemented
- You will lead and drive Senior Management meetings with various Business partners on key Finance Operations related issues
- You will ensure that the Finance Operations activities are aligned with rest of EU and Global Finance Operations organization
- You will ensure that the respective activities of the regions are operated in a highly controlled manner (with respect to existing Compliance & Policies procedures)
- As a seasoned leader, you will be a magnet for attracting the best talent and will have taken brave and innovative talent decisions to scale teams to business needs and raise the bar on the quality of the staff in all geographies
- Maintain month-end close processes for Finance Operations, including close checklists, journal entry review and account reconciliation preparation and review
- Lead balance sheet review processes with the key Finance stakeholders in Amazon
- Benchmark best practices globally through cost-per-transaction analysis and ensure Amazon has optimized its long term cost structure
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis supporting a transition to a cost accounting model by identifying best in class processes and developing methods to reduce cost
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance or Accounting
- MBA preferred
- Professional qualification (CPA, ACA, CIMA) preferred
- Experience, managing finance, accounting and operational processes
- Proven ability to build and lead complex finance, accounting, project management teams
- Track record of having earned the trust of the leadership team by challenging norms, upgrading team performance, enabling growth and improving efficiency
- Experience with complex problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques desired
- Proven project management ability and business judgment capable of organizing problem sets, finding solutions, and executing to a successful conclusion
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Internal and external customer obsession and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Hires and develops great people
- Leads with data and develops audit mechanisms to stay close to the data
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
- Thinks big and has convictions
- Results oriented
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Deals well in ambiguous environments
- MBA degree or further Finance education advantageous
- Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Strong bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools and modeling
Is this a challenge you would like to take on? Is this the kind of environment in which you thrive? If so, start looking forward to the excellent opportunities we have to offer your professional development, as well as our attractive compensation package that will make you a part of our company’s success.
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your application including your CV, portfolio and cover letter in English (max. 3 MB). Don't forget to state your earliest start date and salary expectations.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.