This job is no longer available
Our client is a substantial niche International Private Equity fund, based in the North West of England, whose objective is to acquire and invest in businesses focussed upon Renewable Energy and/or Agribusiness. Significant funds have been committed to facilitate the medium term objectives which are - to build a substantial international portfolio across the chosen sectors; to become a recognised investor in these sectors; and to further develop specialist sector knowledge through which to fuel further ongoing investment and development.
A talented Senior Investment Manager is now required to drive the ongoing development of the portfolio.
Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer, the role has broad responsibilities including:
- Developing in-depth sector knowledge and experience, as well as a strong network amongst sector specialists and other investment houses;
- Origination, evaluation, structuring and negotiation of transactions;
- Monitoring and potentially influencing the ongoing performance of the investments.
- An experienced, commercially astute and demonstrably successful leader of corporate transactions;
- Background in either Private Equity, Corporate Development or Advisory (Corporate Finance / Investment Banks);
- An understated yet confident character with consummate communication and presentational skills. Able to evaluate opinions and to challenge and support arguments with reasoned logic;
- A credible relationship builder, ideally well networked amongst the banking, professional advisory and business community; and
- Ideally, experienced in the relevant sectors and/or an educational background (at least degree level) in a science related to the target sectors.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be involved with a significant PE business in the North West.