EU Policy Lead (Asset Management)
This job has now expired
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an EU Policy Lead (Asset Management).
- Leading on new regulatory initiatives in respect of asset management and funds at the European and international level. This work includes assisting the Treasury (HMT) in negotiating new EU legislation, implementing EU measures in the UK, and working on measures aimed at supervisory convergence in the EU.
- Leading on new regulatory initiatives in respect of asset management and funds at a national level
- Working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders (e.g. HM Treasury, the Bank of England/PRA, European Commission, European Supervisory Authorities, overseas regulators, trade bodies, consumer representatives etc.)
You will have:
- Regulatory, industry and/or other relevant experience in the area of asset management and investment funds
- A good and detailed knowledge and understanding of the UK and EU Regulatory frameworks pertaining to the asset management sector
- The ability to work collaboratively and flexibly, to think creatively about new regulatory initiatives and to prioritise effectively
- Strong relationship management, negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to:
- Draft Consultation and Policy papers to a high standard
- Distil complex issues into succinct messages; and
- Present confidently and concisely to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to make good judgements, which will sometimes have to be based on incomplete or conflicting information or views