Commercial Finance & Decision Support Manager
Fast growing Telco business at the cutting edge of technology requires a Decision Support/Commercial Finance Manager to assist the commercial decision making to enable in the business to continue in the provision of products others in he industry can only dream of.
This is a fun and fast paced company that is growing rapidly. As part of this expansion, an experienced finance professional is sought for this newly created position in the capacity of Decision Support Manager.
Working closely with the Head of Decision Support, COO, Financial Director and leadership team, the successful candidate will provide stakeholders with forecast data, analysis and recommendations to realise the business’s strategic goals.
The role reports to the Head of Decision Support with a reporting line to the COO.
- Work with COO & IT Senior Management to identify both financial and other relevant data needed to support planning and budgeting activity. This will include developing financial models to translate & consolidate inputs into meaningful plans
- Communicate and review business plans with the Executive Team
- Work with the business to produce and challenge business cases for strategic investments in new technologies. This would include examining inputs in terms of accuracy and completeness; understand any assumptions and key drivers
- Financial business partnering with the COO and IT Leadership team
- Prepare outputs to communicate viable business plans, targets and budgets to the Board
- Working with the Finance Control team to produce the monthly Board pack & presentation, reviewing and challenging actual versus forecast analysis and assisting in ensuring clear messages are communicated to the Board
- Procurement support for the COO and IT leadership team
- Working with the Head of Decision Support to implement and manage the forecast system and dashboard tools
- Ensuring that the system is robust enough to enable efficient and effective planning
- Experience of working with project based accounting
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in a challenging, high-pressured environment within a large company
- Established financial planning & analysis experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels to both financial and non-financial people
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A proven track record of developing results to deadlines
- Strong excel and modelling skills
- Experience in owning and modifying financial models for re-forecasting and scenario analysis
- Experience in presenting financial information both orally and written (PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate and influence to drive the desired outcome
- Able to distill simplicity from complexity
- A proactive, self-motivated individual with the ability to anticipate the needs of the business
- Able to work effectively within a team and as an individual
- A strategic thinking with a “big picture” mind-set
- Qualified Accountant/Finance background: CIMA/ACCA/ACA with significant experience, preferably in a fast-paced technology environment
- Masters/MBA would be highly desirable.