This job is no longer available
Charterhouse is currently working in partnership with a leading Investment and government backed holding company which has interests in various businesses and assets across the globe. You will gain exposure to some of the largest and most interesting deals happening with the M&A market.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior figurehead to come on board and provide support to the existing M&A Team. The Associate Director/VP will work closely with the Head of M&A in advising and executing deals from acquisitions, divestments, joint ventures and structuring business partnerships.
This a unique opportunity within an in-house M&A/Corporate development group with a large reputable conglomerate based in Qatar.
This position will be accountable for developing the firm's M&A advisory function. You will be responsible for the full cycle of a transaction including leading market suitability analysis, strategic fit analysis, valuation, due diligence, risk assessment, managing acquisition/divestiture processes and deal execution.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Sourcing and analysis of investment opportunities
- Analysis of opportunities and understanding of market dynamics backed by strong technical and financial due diligence
- Provide M&A and Corporate Advisory services including valuations, due diligence and feasibility studies
- Assist in identifying and analyzing M&A opportunities
- Devising M&A strategies, identifying sectors and groupings of companies that might be viable business targets
- Identify opportunities for divestment and investment and communicate recommendations to the Senior Management & Board
- Analyse and recommend strategic rationale for vertical integration of investments or divestments
- Manage transactions; oversee negotiations of terms and developing proposals to raise funds
- Carrying out financial modelling and developing appropriate financial solutions
- Maintain complex and detailed financial and valuation models
- Direct outside advisors & consultants to ensure proper FDD, legal review/documentation and tax structuring
- Interact with target companies, owners, financial intermediaries and external consultants through the transaction process
- Develop a business case and identify risks for Senior Management of potential acquisitions
- Work cross functionally with various corporate functions, such as Legal, Accounting, and Tax through transaction process
Our client will look to assess candidates with a strong background within M&A gained from a bulge bracket Investment Banking background from leading financial hubs such as New York, London or Singapore. Experience of working on transactions within the Real Estate sector would be a distinct advantage.
You should have the ability to work independently and be able to think “outside the box” and apply creative and constructive thinking to proposals.
Naturally, you shall be able to demonstrate excellent analytical skills and have excellent communication skills.
Candidates shall possess the following:
- Western educated from a globally renowned university.
- Ideally hold an MBA in Finance
- ACA or CFA Qualified
- Extensive experience within M&A/Investment Banking corporate finance from the UK or other global financial markets
- Knowledge of accounting principles, including financial statement preparation and business combinations
- Strong experience of deal origination and execution
- Demonstrated success and experience performing company and industry research
- Ability to interact confidently with senior executives, business owners and financial intermediaries
- Outstanding modelling & analytical skills
- Strong team player
- Strong project management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Bloomberg proficiency an asset
- Arabic language skills would be a plus.
Please note due to the nature of work our client is seeking a candidate who has gained a vast amount of M&A experience from a bulge bracket Investment Banking background ideally from a global financial hub.