Compliance Officer - Infrastructure
A top tier investment bank based in New York city are now seeking to hire a compliance testing professional to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Assist in the conducting of compliance inspections via standalone risk reviews, reviews of trading desks and other Markets reviews that have an infrastructure support or metric emphasis (Title VII Swap Dealer / Volcker). Incumbent will expand the testing group’s coverage of areas previously covered only at a high level: middle / back office operations; risk management; finance; and other infrastructure groups.
- Remain current on industry rules, regulations and best practices to help ensure that the examination program meets regulatory standards.
- Work on special projects and targeted reviews, as may be necessary.
- Escalate and follow up when issues are found and maintain detailed documentation of work product.
- Coordinate with other professionals in the organization, including Compliance Advisory teams, Operations, Finance, and Surveillance Analysts.
- Communicate examination results, present identified issues to the business, work with the business to develop and implement a plan of corrective action, and prepare written inspection reports.
- Provide feedback to Compliance Advisory and to the Infrastructure functions (Credit Risk, Market Risk, Finance, Middle Office and Back Office Operations) where there are outdated procedures or recurring issues. Present findings at governance and risk committee.
- Remain current on industry rules, regulations and best practices to help ensure that the overall examination program meets regulatory standards.
- Domestic travel will be required (approx 20 days a year).
- Experience in middle or back office operations, financial reporting or a risk management function is mandatory. It is required that the candidate specialize in at least two of the following areas: Bank or Broker Dealer Financial Reporting Requirements; Customer Protection; Extensions of Credit; Prime Brokerage; Derivatives Operations Compliance; Credit or Market Risk Management
- Significant compliance and/or regulatory experience (prior or current work at FINRA a plus), with knowledge of the financial service industry, regulatory requirements and experience in analyzing business risk and best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Accounting or Economics preferred). MBA or CPA a plus, along with Series 7 and 24 licenses. Series 27 highly recommended.
- Strong troubleshooting & investigative skills – inquiry and analysis, interviewing, testing, organization and presentation (both written and verbal), along with excellent communication, interpersonal and PC skills.
The successful candidate will join a team of Compliance Officers charged with the reviews of all U.S. banking and broker- dealer activities. The position provides exposure to a wide variety of business areas, leverages a specialization in Operations / Risk Management or Financial Reporting, and represents an opportunity to work on cross-functional testing teams.