This job is no longer available
Introduction and Background
Standard Life Wealth specialises in providing a highly tailored service around the development and management of bespoke portfolios on behalf of private individuals, charities and corporates. We are ambitious to grow the business and currently have £5.5 billion under management.
Standard Life Wealth is uniquely placed to be successful in this market and the role involves supporting the efforts of colleagues within the business and the wider Group to ensure opportunities are fully exploited and coordinated with a view to delivering Standard Life Wealth’s strategic aims.
To manage an existing group of charity client portfolios within client requirements and be actively involved in the development of Standard Life Wealth’s charity business.
- To construct portfolios in accordance with SLW’s investment philosophy and process within the terms of the client mandate, agreed performance and risk parameters
- To assist in the development of the SLW charity business
- To maintain a good understanding of charity sector issues and ensure these are communicated appropriately within the team
- To represent SLW in the charity marketplace
- To maintain a good understanding of the asset management industry, market trends, issues and techniques
- To initiate, develop and share investment ideas with colleagues and contribute effectively to the investment debate
- To work effectively with the investment team and to communicate investment ideas verbally and/or in writing
- To ensure portfolios managed have an appropriate degree of commonality with the relevant model, are consistent with the investment benchmark and an appropriate degree of commonality with comparable portfolios across the house
- To constantly monitor portfolio characteristics (e.g. risk constraints, defensive or aggressive market view, long/short duration, sector view, interest rate sensitivities, etc.)
- To provide timely and accurate deals to the dealing desk after considering all relevant factors, including SLW’s existing holding and the opportunity for colleagues to participate where appropriate
- To develop a thorough understanding of SLW’s products relevant to area of responsibility
- To present investment information to clients and consultants in a clear and concise manner, tailoring the information presented to the audience’s requirements
- To display a positive approach to compliance matters and to adhere to SLW’s Compliance Manual
- To comply with all appropriate operational business procedures
- To liaise with Sales and Marketing as required
What we’re looking for:
- Understanding of client management in charity space
- Understanding of FCA and other statutory regulations are essential
- Relevant charity relationship experience and industry knowledge
- Senior client management role in a charity environment
- Successful candidates likely to be working for a Private Bank, Stockbroker or Discretionary Investment firm dealing with clients with over £1 million investable assets
- Ability to influence others through effective communication, relationship building and strong interpersonal skills
- Professionalism and business integrity
- Extensive networking experience is essential
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent negotiation skills
Interested candidates should click on Apply now.