This job is no longer available
Robert Walters US
09 January 2014
23 January 2014
United States / New York
$80k - $110k per annum
- Comprehensive risk assessment and engagement planning. This entails obtaining an in-depth understanding of each business and/or function being audited, identification and assessment of risks (including understanding the manner in which such risks are controlled and the audit approach required to ensure controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively) and preparing documentation (Work papers, Planning Memorandum and Audit Program) that reflects the aforementioned information and assessments
- Executing audit work. This encompasses execution of the planned approach for the audit in a team-based environment, interacting closely with various levels of staff and management throughout the bank. For product-line audits, work encompasses a review of controls within the front office and the procedures performed by the bank’s various middle and back office departments to control and support the business subject to audit. Functional audits entail separate review of a middle or back office department that supports multiple businesses to gain assurance that controls that transcend such businesses operate effectively. Audit also periodically conducts thematic regional or global reviews to address key risk areas, which include special reviews mandated by the audit committee and Executive Board.
- Developing, presenting and finalizing audit reports. This process entails initial drafting of the report, discussion with management to ensure factual accuracy and clearance and coordination with Management to obtain written responses to audit’s recommendations.
- Mentoring new hires to aid in their acclimation to the Bank and the manner in which the department operates
- Participating in the recruitment of other financial auditors and supervising less experienced Auditors on multiple auditor assignments
- Performing administrative duties as it relates to key responsibilities and participating in special projects
Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related areas (MBA or equivalent a plus)
- Extensive work experience and financial services audit experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or internationally recognized Chartered Accountant (CA) designations and/or Series 7 certifications preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Willingness to travel (10-15% annually)
- Highly motivated, pro-active and results oriented professional
A global investment bank
Robert Walters US
Robert Walters is one of the world's leading specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 51 offices spanning 23 countries.