This job is no longer available
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
To lead and/or carry out the following activities without the need for regular supervision by the Head of Contracts (whilst keeping him or her appropriately informed):
- Develop optimum commercial strategies for existing and new business opportunities that maximise value for money, comply with policy, and protect the commercial interests of the company
- Draft, review and negotiate terms and conditions of contract, NDAs, TAA, etc for approval by the Head of Contracts
- Manage specific contracts to ensure our compliance with commercial aspects, including resolution of issues, and to respond to Customer changes
- Ensure that contract changes are properly controlled and managed
- Take part in gate reviews
- Prepare and deliver management briefs when necessary on commercial and legal issues that affect or are likely to affect the business
- Ensure offers made and contracts accepted are done so in accordance with the company's processes and delegated authorities
- Serve as a focal point of contact for customers regarding contractual matters by establishing good customer relationship and communications.
- Coach and develop more junior members of the team
- Identification of potential liabilities, risks, issues and disputes, arising with customers, suppliers, partners and third parties, maintenance of a risk register and produce innovative mitigation plans.
- Interpret, when required, for the benefit of the broader business, the contracted requirement including terms and conditions and scope of work.
- Adhere to company procedures
- Maintain contractual records, documentation of key correspondence, status and issue reports etc.
- Knowledge of contract and company law. Specific knowledge of IPR, liabilities and indemnities issues and remedies, and payment mechanisms
- Ability to draft complex contracts and agreements.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial risks and issues.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with customers and key suppliers
- Team player with the ability to make and influence decisions.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- IT background
- Knowledge of export controls in relation to Dual use technology
Hy-phen Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.