This job is no longer available
Our client, a privately owned and highly regarded international socio-economic research and data-collection firm, has created this new post to enable one of the current owner/directors to take a step back from the hands on financial management of the company and to enable the new Financial Controller (3 days per week) to lead the finance function as the Company steps into its next phase of growth.
Are you a qualified and experienced Financial Controller with a history of working in an international service oriented company, who has lived and worked in a developing country?
As the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the finance functions and mentoring the finance teams in both companies
- Providing regular weekly guidance, support, monitoring and oversight to the Finance Manager in Tanzania
- Quarterly travel to the Tanzanian operation to ensure best practice
- Ensuring the successful implementation of improved financial management reporting systems, internal control systems, policies and processes to support the business
- Leading the preparation, maintenance and monitoring of the monthly, annual and 3 year company-wide budgeting, forecasting and cash flow processes and documents
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial management reports and overseeing and checking the completeness and correctness of the required inputs for these reports
- Guiding, overseeing and reviewing the preparation of client and internal project budgets and be responsible for their accuracy and compatibility with strategic plans and guidelines
- Conducting a full internal audit of the accounts in both countries on a 6 monthly basis, preparing audit reports to the Board and recommending remedial action or improvements to financial controls or processes
- Preparing and submitting timely statutory end of year financial statements to external auditors/accountants for review
- Developing and implementing Risk Management controls and ensuring adherence to Financial Management and International Accounting Standards (including IFRS), internal audit and risk management
- Drafting, reviewing and editing legal documents or terms and conditions of internal and external documents, reverting to external legal advisers when necessary
- Responsible for financial modelling and analysis as and when requested by the Board
Who we're looking for:
- A Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- A proven track record of working in an International services based private sector company
- Experience having lived and worked in a developing country is highly desirable.
- An inquisitive, detailed and pragmatic approach to tasks
- A significant experience as a Financial Controller or similar level financial role
- A proven track record of both internal and external stakeholder engagement
- The ability to make recommendations and implement improvements
The experience identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less experience.
EDI Ltd. undertakes the design and implementation of large scale socio-economic surveys covering large sample groups (2000+) including numerous impact evaluations and panel surveys, household surveys; school surveys; student tests; community surveys, enterprise surveys, and market price surveys on behalf of many organisations.
EDI is a unique organisation that has the ability to bridge the gap between the local and the global. While EDI is a Tanzanian registered company, with excellent knowledge of the realities on the ground, its data abides to international quality norms.
EDI's uniqueness is further showcased through its UK sister company that has created Surveybe, the market's leading data-collection software specifically targeted for research, monitoring and evaluation and impact assessments in the international development arena. Surveybe software is now being used in 35 countries worldwide and the Company supports users with training and consultancy in addition to software licence sales.
Furthermore, the businesses are well positioned to build and develop their current portfolio with innovative future growth plans.
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPFE13344212Z
Closing Date: 10/01/14