The Senior Analyst will be responsible for developing Wood Mackenzie's strategic view on North American natural gas and regional gas market dynamics, with specific emphasis on natural gas infrastructure including pipeline and storage assets.
A key part of this role is communicating Wood Mackenzie’s view to clients’ senior management and board level audiences. The candidate will provide critical thought leadership and subject matter expertise for the benefit of North America Gas Service (NAGS) team members, North America Gas and Power Consulting, as well as other key Wood Mackenzie product teams.
The candidate will efficiently utilize available internal resources, including the Upstream and LNG teams, as well as outside resources, to keep abreast of natural gas market and infrastructure developments. To help quantify the North America gas and infrastructure view, the candidate will be responsible for the quality of the inputs and the outputs from the pipeline data model(s) and will develop key themes and messaging based on these modelled results. The candidate will ensure that the gas infrastructure, basis and regional analysis being produced by the NAGS team meets the full needs of Wood Mackenzie’s clients.
A key market differentiator, Wood Mackenzie leverages its investment in the research product suite through its use of the research as a base to deliver high value content to its consulting clients. Therefore, in addition to the roles and responsibilities associated with NAGS research, the Senior Analyst will work closely with and provide key input to North America Gas and Power Consulting projects. Finally, the Senior Analyst will ensure the NAGS product maintains a high industry profile through marketing and sales activities, presentations at appropriate conferences and through the delivery of thought provoking content.
- Develop Wood Mackenzie’s North American strategic view on natural gas and regional gas market dynamics, with specific emphasis on natural gas pipeline and storage infrastructure
- Develop the key themes and messages relative to the North American natural gas market, gas infrastructure and the regional basis outlooks
- Ensure that these key messages are effectively communicated to internal groups: to the NAGS team, to the North America Gas and Power Consulting team, and to other internal research teams, as well as to Wood Mackenzie’s external client base
- Provide critical thought leadership and subject matter expertise regarding the North American gas market, including making informed judgements regarding proposed infrastructure projects to be included in the pipeline data model(s), and to provide logical, well articulated and documented explanations regarding these infrastructure assumptions
- Review the outputs from the pipeline data model(s) to ensure infrastructure is accurately represented and that resulting gas flows and commodity prices reflect both commercial and regulatory realities or likelihoods
- Assist as appropriate with product sales presentations and consulting sales processes to ensure that Wood Mackenzie’s products and services meet client expectations and internal revenue targets
- Provide strategic and analytical input to consulting mandates being worked on in conjunction with the consulting team
- Develop a network of senior contacts in target firms and where appropriate secure speaking engagements at relevant industry conferences to ensure a high profile for Wood Mackenzie’s offerings
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Extensive, expert knowledge of the North American natural gas industry, with specific emphasis on gas infrastructure and pipelines operations, based extensive natural gas industry experience, or energy consulting or research experience
- Candidate must hold undergraduate degree, preferably in Engineering, Finance or Economics; Master’s degree a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- The ability to work as part of a team involving multiple locations
- Self starter with strong organisation and planning skills and the ability to manage personal workload
- Ability to present outputs and ideas to clients’ senior management and board
- Hands-on experience using quantitative models/tools/techniques for analysing natural gas markets
- Mentor for junior research analysts and consultants to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer and development of their analytical skills
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Expert in the use and application of MS®Word, MS®Excel and MS®PowerPoint software to produce client deliverables
- Ensure internal alignment on marketing, sales and development activities
- Demonstrate to clients the value of Wood Mackenzie’s North American Gas research
- A serious commitment to professional and personal excellence and meeting the standards on which Wood Mackenzie prides itself
- Some travel required, averaging 10-20%
Unsolicited resumes submitted to Wood Mackenzie by any external recruitment agency via Internet, e-mail, fax, or U.S. mail become the property of Wood Mackenzie and we are not responsible for any fees associated with those resumes.
In compliance with the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 1991, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities act of 1990 and all other relevant federal and state laws, the policy of this company prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran’s status, disability, genetic information or any other group protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access WoodMac.com/careers on-line as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations sending an email to email@example.com.
Wood Mackenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D, and a member of E-Verify.
Job Reference: SA
Phone: (713) 470-1600