The Directorate-General (DG) for Competition enforces EU competition rules to make markets work better. You will assist DG Competition in evaluating the economic impact of its actions in the areas of EU merger control, anti-trust and state aid rules. The mandate is for three years, renewable for a maximum of two years and will be filled at Director level (AD14).
- Providing guidance on methodological issues of economics and econometrics in the application of EU competition rules
- Contributing to the development of general policy instruments or analysis
- Providing general guidance in individual competition cases or specific guidance in important competition cases involving complex economic issues
- A doctorate in a branch of economics or econometrics
- Proven knowledge in analysing economic aspects of competition issues
- Proven ability to manage a team of highly skilled economists
- Confirmed communication skills to represent the Commission
Please consult the Official Journal C 33 A of 5 February 2013 for the detailed vacancy notice as well the eligibility and selection criteria.
To register and apply please click on Apply.
Job Reference: .