We are looking to add an assistant investment manager in a large single family office based in London. The successful applicant will report to the Head of Private Equity Direct Investments.
The family office is involved in a variety of investment activities, from management of bond and public equity portfolios to private equity funds, direct investments, other alternative investments and property. The successful candidate will have a financial background and will likely be a recently qualified accountant or will have a suitable investment qualification. Work experience in an investment company is preferred but not essential.
This is a new investment position where the candidate will assist the Head of Private Equity Direct Investments to monitor and report on existing investments and to review new investment opportunities.
The successful applicant will possess a wide range of financial management skills and, among other duties, will be able to:
- assist in the review, monitoring and reporting on existing and prospective investments,
- assist in the management, analysis and reporting of a significant operating investment, including project management, financial forecasts and return on investment analyses,
- prepare financial analyses and projections for existing and proposed investments,
- use financial management software, including excel and project management software,
- analyse and summarise financial accounts,
- prepare reports of investment meetings reviewing existing and proposed investments,
The applicant will either be currently working in a junior investment position and looking to move to the next stage of investment management or currently working in the financial industry and looking to move into a privately managed investment fund.
A financial qualification is preferred.
The candidate will be competent at summarising and presenting financial reports and will be able to organise and monitor investment projects.
They should also be capable of using financial and project management software.
The position requires the necessary adaptability to assist in the management of all of the group’s investment activities.
Finally, the successful applicant will have the flexibility to undertake a variety of duties and additional responsibilities as, and when, necessary.
Some travel will be required.
Applications with current cv in writing please, marked “Private and Confidential” to:
The Managing Director
Misland Capital Limited
9 Upper Belgrave Street
London, SW1X 8BD
Or by email by clicking Apply.
Job Reference: AIM