Our client has recently committed to a major investment program to triple its waste recycling capacity in response to significant growth of its contract base. It is now seeking to appoint an experienced Financial Planning Accountant to support this activity and provide the necessary financial planning tools to manage this exciting and evolving project.
You will report to the Finance Director and work closely with the Managing Director.
Your objective will be to construct a comprehensive 36 month forecasting model for the new plant drawing from your observations, the outputs of your meetings with line management involved in its operation, contractual documents and historical data available.
This will incorporate:
- A monthly tonnage/revenue forecast, by contract, taking into account historic and anticipated seasonality trends, the likely impact of known future changes to clients’ operations, business wins, contract renewals and the potential need for diversions due to internal capacity constraints
- A mass balance analysis, compiled by the company’s operations management, reflecting the cyclicality of the business and its effect on waste types entering the process, the current and future mix of contract types and the proportional mix of output materials and relative disposal cost/income
- Working with the operations team to understand the process flows for the operation including the relevant dwell times at each process stage, which will inform capacity planning, the need for outsourcing to balance internal capacity constraints with demand, external transport, internal equipment requirements and manning levels
- Constructing an outsourcing schedule which summarises the company’s subcontracting commitments, highlighting put or pay contracts and their potential effect on internal capacity planning
- A comprehensive repair and maintenance plan for all equipment on the site, which will cover planned maintenance scheduling, an equipment replacement program and the effect of capacity peaks on hire equipment needs
- A comprehensive cost breakdown by agreed cost centres, with the goal of establishing a key set of variable and semi-variable costs and their relevant criteria
- Propose a valid meaningful set of key performance indicators which can be easily extracted from the business, and delivers useful, reliable non-financial data for the effective daily/weekly management of the operation
- Balance sheet, cash flow and Profit and loss, margin analysis, profit by contract
The likely successful candidate should be a self-starter with the ability to hit the ground running and work on their own initiative in an operational environment – establishing a solid rapport with senior management and on-site operations to enable the formulation of a robust, flexible but inclusive financial plan for the business.
- Good oral and written abilities
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and Results Driven
- Relationship Developer
Harbury Consulting are the retained partner. All applications will be forwarded to Harbury Consulting. If you feel you have the right skills and expertise and bring a‘can do attitude’ then we look forward to your application. For a private and confidential conversation please call lead consultant Hardeep Lall or send your CV by clicking on "Apply ".
Job Reference: IFPA
Contact: Hardeep Lall
Phone: 07707 092 191