Our client a FTSE100 constituent and a leading operator in the competitive Business Services sector. With a vast portfolio of client-focussed value-add services and a reputation for leading the way in operation service provision, this business is widely considered a training ground for international business leaders.
This role sits within one of the business’ major UK divisions with a turnover exceeding £400m in its own right. Managing a portfolio of contracts valued at almost £100m, the Commercial Finance Manager has full financial responsibility for some of the company’s most critical long-term revenue streams.
Reporting to the Divisional Finance Director and working in close partnership with the Operations Director, this role is considered a key custodian of financial and commercial decision making and has a clear, marked impact on top and bottom line financial performance.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Full P&L management for a portfolio of significant, long-term, multi-site contracts with some of the organisation’s highest profile clients;
- Preparation of financial and commercial business plans to ensure key strategic and tactical decisions are backed up by robust, analysed and considered metrics;
- Partnering the Operations Director in establishing short, medium and long-term strategic plans for existing and arising contracts, ensuring that all contracts are focussed on generating significant profit margins;
- Delivering detailed management reporting packs for each individual contract, breaking down financial performance by service offering and site performance;
- Acting as a key interface between the Finance Director, the Operations Director and the Financial Shared Service Centre, ensuring that the flow of financial and commercial information is accurate and in line with company reporting best-practice guidelines;
- Supporting Operational teams in the preparation of robust budgets and forecasts;
- Working extensively on operational and commercial measures to improve profit margins and minimise overhead costs within each individual contract;
- Establishing and utilising a suite of business-specific KPIs to help measure business performance;
- Working closely with Pricing and Bidding teams on new client tenders, providing commercial finance support to tendering and retendering processes.
This role operates across a multi-site environment in West London, Central London and in the South East of England. The successful candidate will be a commercially nuanced finance executive with existing multi-site experience and demonstrable knowledge of adding value from a commercial perspective.
Full, formal accountancy qualifications allied to a natural capability to actively seek out, identify and act upon solutions to improve financial performance will be imperative in proving successful within this role as will strong communications abilities and the capacity to interface effectively with professionals across multiple corporate and operational disciplines.
This business offers clear routes of internal progression and the ability to swiftly deliver significant top and bottom line commercial impact within a high performing, instantly recognised corporate environment. Roles of this nature represent a rare opportunity to add immediate commercial value and the business’ hunger to deliver organic growth offers significant developmental prospects. In applying to this position, the successful candidate will demonstrate a dynamic approach to deliver and an aptitude for managing multiple stakeholders.
I will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client's criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from me within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Job Reference: 0565LLCFM1202
Contact: Lilian Lazcano
Phone: 020 3178 4996