FTSE listed International Engineering Firm is seeking exceptional Strategic Supply Chain Managers (4) to provide support to the Bidding Teams.
Our client, a FTSE listed International Engineering firm based in the South West, is looking to appoint four key Procurement and Supply Chain professionals to work on a number of Major Bids. These roles are newly created and will be aligned to specific bids. With this in mind, we’re actively seeking high performing individuals with extensive experience from within a fast moving and dynamic bid environment.
The key accountabilities are as follows:
- Implementing robust supply chains to support delivery of customer contracts
- Providing timely supply chain solutions and advice to support bids
- Managing and mitigating supply chain risk
- Meeting business targets on savings and performance
- Developing and implementing effective procurement strategies
- Driving a continual improvement culture across the procurement and supply chain function through innovation and best practice
- Taking the lead on strategic supplier negotiations
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience in negotiating a wide range of strategic procurement contracts
- Knowledge of public and private sector commercial contracting
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience and/or CIPS
- Previous experience of availability contracts in the defence sector would be an advantage
- SC cleared or ability to obtain SC clearance is essential for this role
Skills & competencies:
- Proven track record of successful commercial negotiation
- Thorough knowledge of Contracting terms and conditions (interpretation & drafting)
- A good understanding of MoD/commercial contract terms and conditions and a sound knowledge of the method of contracting with the MoD with regard to both contractual and pricing issues
- Creates and drives forward a culture that demands active two way engagement with all customers and stakeholders including people within the organisation
- Act as a change agent for organisational change and development
- Flexible and imaginative in the creation of commercial supply solutions
- Financially astute and comfortable with a wide variety of commercial and financial data
If successful, you will be responsible for developing and managing the end to end supply chain; from setting the supply chain strategy to selecting the supplier to implementing the contracts. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong relationship management skills, skilful contract drafting including sub contracts and framework agreements and the ability to apply structured strategic sourcing principles to the bid process.
Please note, due to high levels of response to our adverts it is regrettably not possible for Balance Recruitment to respond to every application. If you have not been contacted within 5 working days by one of our consultants, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Job Reference: BR2470
Contact: Craig Williams