Brocklesby Park is a 27,000 acre rural estate in North Lincolnshire, and is the residence of the Earl and Countess of Yarborough.
In addition to in-hand farming, let farms, property, forestry and sporting, the estate has extensive interests in urban commercial and London property, developments, renewables, minerals, fine art and investment portfolios.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Provision of accurate financial information to enable the MD and the Owners to make informed decisions about the various elements of the businesses. Due to significant expansion in our activities, greater financial accountability is required to support the MD in general business management
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE JOB:
- Construction of annual budgets and subsequent forecasting
- Creation of monthly management accounts and monitoring against budgets
- Full, hands-on approach to reporting functions
- Preparation of year end accounts for Saffery Champness
- Reporting of weekly cash position and updating of cash flow projections
- Lead on farm reporting in conjunction with Farm Manager and Secretary
- Reporting to monthly Farm Board meetings
- Formulation of business plans for ad hoc projects as required
- Lead a small multi-disciplined accounts department
- Working knowledge of legislation, taxation and some HR experience
- Knowledge of pension schemes and legislation
- Liaison with Saffery Champness, banks, solicitors and other advisors
- Undertake training to fully comprehend our business and systems
- Drive cost savings throughout the businesses
- Awareness of trusts, limited companies and other corporate structures
- Understanding of borrowing procedures and protocols
- Monitoring investment portfolios and providing year end data for audit
- Overall responsibility for credit control and supplier payments
- Admin and accountancy support for the family members as required
- Attendance at Head of Department meetings
- Holiday/Sickness cover for team members.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALICATIONS/EXPERIENCE-needed for the job
- ACCA qualification or close equivalent.
- IT Skills including Excel, Word and other packages.
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles.
- Adaptable, numerate and non-bureaucratic
- Awareness of and interest in outside business world
- 'Employer' mentality - 'can do' attitude
- Salary tba + non-contributory pension.
- Holidays 31 days for current year (incl.8 Public holidays)
- Probationary Period 12 months
- Notice period 3 months
Please email your C.V. and covering letter by clicking Apply in first instance, for further information please contact Kit Read, Managing Director & Agent on 01469 560703.
Job Reference: FD
Phone: 01469 560703