Hermes Fund Managers (Hermes) is a multi-boutique asset manager comprising a series of specialist investment teams with a long-term and responsible approach to delivering returns and creating investment strategies that support our clients' long-term goals. Hermes is 100% owned by the BT Pension Scheme.
We are seeking an additional senior government Portfolio Manager to assist in managing our global sovereign and inflation-linked mandates and help expand and grow our business. The successful candidate will secure an equity stake in the investment team.
- Generating alpha in global government and inflation bonds, utilising both derivatives and cash bonds.
- Setting investment strategies, performance and risk monitoring and attribution.
- Evaluating, determining and implementing Hermes’ government bond strategy consistently across all portfolios invested in both nominal and real return space.
- Representing the investment team when engaging with business development, clients, other market participants and investment consultants.
- Advising on strategic client and market issues, whilst promoting the bond team.
- Deputising for the Head and other Directors in their absence in respect of all bond desk activities.
Skills and knowledge:
- Experienced Portfolio Manager.
- Specialist knowledge ofUKand overseas government and inflation bond markets.
- Derivative and LDI experience.
- Achievement-orientated with a strong desire to build the business.
- Must be able to demonstrate clarity and independence of thought, whilst demonstrating strong initiative.
- Good team player.
To apply, please send a CV with a covering letter to Debi Marich, Managing Director, Bateman Reeves.
Closing date: 14th December 2012
Job Reference: Hermes
Contact: Debi Marich
Phone: 01932 253573