UNITE Group PLC is the UK’s leading developer and manager of student accommodation providing homes to over 42,000 students in our properties across the UK. Nearly 1,000 people work for UNITE and we’re proud to have achieved the Investors in People Silver Award as well as being named as one of the UK’s top 100 employers.
UNITE are looking to appoint a Head of Legal Affairs & Company Secretary. This high profile role will form an intrinsic part of the senior management team, offering the opportunity to:
- Provide proactive group-wide legal and risk management leadership
- Take ownership of developing and managing corporate governance, legal and risk frameworks
- Provide outstanding, proactive advice to the Board and support the business with its varied legal requirements
What We Look For:
To succeed in this role your background will demonstrate:
- A track record of success in the leadership of legal and risk management within a PLC environment
- Expert knowledge of the Combined Code and corporate commercial law
- Delivery of meaningful board level advice
- Company secretarial expertise
- A forward thinking, solutions-orientated approach
- Outstanding commercial acumen
Also vital in this high profile role are your personal and professional credibility, excellent communication skills and ability to win the confidence of others.
If this opportunity sounds of interest to you, please visit our website by clicking Apply to apply or contact Julia Days, Head of Resourcing on 0117 302 7007.
Your application will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence.
Closing date for applications is 7th December 2012
No agencies please.
Competitive Salary plus excellent benefits package
UNITE Group PLC is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome people of all ages, ethnicities, religions or sexual orientations. We’re only interested in your talent, your potential and your personality and in offering you an environment where all three can develop and grow - regardless of your background.
Job Reference: .
Contact: Julia Days
Phone: 0117 302 7007