The Institute of International Finance is the world’s largest global association of financial institutions with over 470 members in more than 70 countries.
We provide economic analysis to our members, act as a vehicle for exchanging views on global regulatory issues, and serve as a forum for engaging the private financial community in discussions with the public sector on global financial policy issues.
We currently seek an Economist to support our Senior Director for European Affairs.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Conducting in-depth macroeconomic research and analysis of policy options on selected countries and issues in Europe
- Writing concise and focused research notes and contributions to regional and global research on macroeconomic developments, economic policies, financial market developments and the outlook on the assigned countries
- Conducting missions to the assigned countries for meetings with government officials, local businessmen and foreign investors
Applicants should have
- Masters in International Economics and extensive professional experience in conducting macroeconomic analysis and research, preferably focused on Europe or the Euro Area
- Experience assessing fiscal policy and performance, government financing and debt sustainability are essential, along with exceptional analytical and english writing skills and experience in econometrics and database management
- The successful candidate will need to demonstrate outstanding communication skills, be able to work under pressure with at times overlapping priorities and be able to travel frequently to the region
To apply, please email cover letter with salary requirements and resume in Microsoft Word format.
For more information on the IIF please refer to our website.
Job Reference: EE