The Chief Risk Officer position is a key and influentual role on the Executive team, responsible for championing world class risk management practices both internally and externally with Shareholders, Customers and Regulatory Bodies.
Reporting to the CEO and Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Defining and delivering an enterprise-wide risk management framework for use across the end-to-end commercial lifecycle, with material risks identified, assessed, mitigated and monitored
- Ensuring that the level and quality of risk and assurance is commensurate with the risk profile of the organisation
- Delivering an enterprise-wide risk management awareness programme to ensure risk policies and procedures are understood and complied with, across the organisation
- Providing risk management support and challenge to all material bids, tenders and business cases to ensure that an adequate risk weighting has been incorporated within the overall commercial model
- Leading on and responding to direct and indirect regulatory compliance expectations on the company
- Representing the company in dealings with regulatory bodies, including deputing for the CEO in risk management matters, when appropriate
The ideal candidate:
- A commercially focused Chief Risk Officer or Director of Risk with a strong track record of designing and delivering enterprise wide risk management frameworks in a service delivery related environment, such as transaction processing, financial services or IT / utility service delivery
- A broad range of exposure across all risk areas
- An understanding of risk priorities and regulations in banks and corporate
- A champion of change and innovation, possessing vision and the ability to constructively challenge the business
- An open collaborative management style, with strong influencing, communication and relationship management skills
Our client is a recognised and respected brand that designs and builds world class transaction processing systems, delivering critical infrastructure services to domestic and international markets.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative company undergoing significant commercial growth and change.
Job Reference: EE12475
Contact: Mark Comrie
Phone: +44 (0) 203 258 2093