Parker+Lynch is a leader in the recruitment and placement of accounting and finance professionals. Parker+Lynch offers a complete range of workforce solutions in accounting, finance, mortgage, and banking through our nationwide branch network and team of experienced professionals.
We are currently recruiting for a Vice President of Finance:
A successful private non-profit organization headquartered in Southern New Jersey, is seeking a Vice President of Finance.
The job description is as follows:
- Directs and gives leadership to the Finance Department in setting and interpreting policies, procedures, strategies and plans.
- Serves as staff liaison for appropriate committees as designated by the CEO.
- Manages accounts for all groups/entities under Custodial discretion. Establishes bank relationships, monitors all custodial business transactions, projects monetary needs of individual entities, Cash Management Analysis, cash receipts and disbursements, and provides all financial reporting.
- Performs internal audits on various branch operations and each branch as a whole and reports results to the CEO.
- Oversees information technology services to the extent of purchase/lease of equipment, onsite/remote support services and planning future needs.
- Serves as a member of the staff team for the Community Support Campaign-assures business/vendor relationships are continuously canvassed. Coordinates with the Development Director for proper accounting for pledges, funds received, and documents.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection, development, training, supervision and evaluation of a highly competent staff.
- Hires, Trains, evaluates direct reports to ensure their understanding of their role as service providers.
- Responsible for the succession planning and development of direct reports.
- Develops and controls the annual income and expense budget
- Leads the annual budget process, educates, trains and evaluates effectiveness of current process and make recommendations and changes as needed.
- Creates and maintains high quality programs that meet the current and future needs of the community that reflect the goals and mission of the Association.
- Establishes and maintains bank relationships, monitors all Association business transactions, projects monetary needs of the Association. Supervises Cash Management, cash receipts and disbursements.
- Annually maintains, investigates and negotiates with vendors for the organization-coordinates the Association purchase order system.
- Responsible for all lease arrangements for the Association.
- Serves as the financial liaison with Local, State and Federal agencies. Prepares and submits all financial external reports of the Association within determined deadlines.
- Coordinates annual outside Audit under the discretion of the Finance Audit Committee. Assists external auditors, presents documents and answers questions relative to the operating and financial integrity of the Association. Directly responsible for the accuracy of the audit and efficiency of all systems throughout the year.
- B/A degree in Accounting/Finance, MBA preferred, CPA preferred
- Experience in contract negotiations
- Extensive business experience as an Assistant Controller/Controller with increasing responsibility
- Not for Profit experience
- Fluent in all Microsoft and other applications (Daxko)
The organization will provide a competitive compensation package along with an excellent benefit package.
Job Reference: 34632165