Our client is a highly regarded emerging markets bank with a population of c4,000 employees worldwide who are based in a network of branches covering the UK, Europe, UAE and Asia.
The bank provides a comprehensive range of commercial and private banking services to its customers utilising corporate, consumer, trade finance, retail and correspondent banking products. The bank places a high emphasis on providing an exceptional personal service to its customers.
The role financial matters relating to the running of the Bank in the UK. The role is also a member of the Finance management team of the Bank in London, and as such has management responsibility with respect to the financial activities and reporting for the UK Business. Other responsibilities may, therefore, from time to time arise.
The Chief Accountant in the UK will report to the UK CFO.
Reporting to the CFO to manage the finance department and its deliverables and be involved in the ALM/Treasury function of the Bank. To develop the finance department and it’s output to ensure that this is relevant, reliable and timely for the management of the Bank.
At a more general level, to provide guidance and support for staff – to share experience and expertise to mentor junior staff to develop them. If and when necessary to act as the deputy CFO in the UK.
- To ensure the integrity, timeliness and relevance of reporting to a number of key stakeholders, notably management in the UK and Switzerland, Regulators, Tax Authorities, and other stakeholders as may be required
- To assist the CFO to manage the balance sheet of the Bank with profitability, prudence and regulatory compliance as the key constraints
- To prepare and manage the Contingency Funding Plan, and the ILAA and prepare the Retail Run Plan
- To assist in the process of outsourcing of the UK Internal Audit Function
- To ensure that all financial and regulatory reporting is accurate, timely, in compliance with reporting requirements and is transparent
- To support the CFO in the development and maintenance of a business plan, in particular, to develop business plan financial forecasts and management reporting
Job Reference: 589